Thursday, January 12, 2012

#8: From running on empty to RUNNING!

I woke up this morning at 4:30am just like the alarm told me to and, despite getting only 6 hours of sleep, felt like I'd slept for 10. Loving that! I even walked into the gym with a little spring in my step. The 30 minutes on the treadmill felt like 5. And I even decided to RUN because I felt so full of energy. 


Let me let you in on my issue with running. I hate it. It hurts my chest. It hurts my back because of my chest. And it's BORING.I do, however, LOVELOVELOVE the rush I get from doing it. I won't spoil the future for you, but I will say that because of how much I hate RUNNING, it will be very involved in one of the other 30-day Challenges this year.


I think I have a mental block with it because even if I had some sort of industrial-grade strap-down tape, I'd still hate to run. I was thinking today when I was running that I should post a live, in-the-moment, blog entry while I'm running so that the rest of the world dozen of you can hear the raw and uncut stream of idiocy and neurosis my brain creates while I run. It's all a psychological game I am playing with myself, I'm sure. And I need to get over it. But, for the moment, I'm just going to allow myself to be proud of the fact that I ran for no good reason this morning. 


When I got home, I cooked myself two of the best eggs ever made and packed my lunch - first time since starting this journey even though I've said I should do it every day. Man these endorphins are AWWWESOME!!



========================================================================


I'm at work now and it's sucking the endorphins right outta me. And I LOVE my job. But there is something different about it in the new year. I'm just not sure what it is, so I'm therefore struggling to fix it. My motivation, focus, dedication and intensity are all off. I'm' good at my job so that earns me a little lee-way, but if I don't "get-it-together" like NOW, that LEE-way will GIVE-way to the DOOR-way.


Expect some thoughts in upcoming posts because I love to analyze, re-analyze and over-analyze everything when I'm processing. Sorry in advance.


But nonetheless, I'm at work, and I have a challenge in front of me that I definitely don't want to lose sight of.


Morning snack (from my marvelously packed lunch box) was raw, shelled pecans. And it was GOOD.


Everything is better with a SUPER COOL lunchbox!
Lunch was carrots and cucumber slices dipped in The Best Tuna made by The Boy. Seriously, I love a good tuna but I can't make it worth crap. It's always too soggy or too yucky. He makes this perfect, just-moist-enough, just-spiced-enough tuna. Good enough to use carrots and cukes to eat it with. Didn't even miss the bread.


I'm not craving carbs so as long as I can find enough variety in my food, I'm GOLDEN!


Tuesday and Wednesday are a little chaotic because we have KIDtivities smack in the middle of the evening. But it makes Thursday feel SO good. So I'm looking forward to a nice home-cooked dinner and some well-deserved family time. But this is where the problems start. I can't even begin to cook the Same-Old-Same-Old foods. I need something new. Of course, did i bother to look in the cookbooks this morning? Not a chance. So, despite having dozens of great cookbooks of all varieties of food, I now have to search the Internet for something. 


Luckily, this isn't my first rodeo. 


If anyone is looking for great sites/apps to search for recipes, here are my faves:

  • Epicurious.com
  • Cooks.com
  • Food.com
  • Recipe.com
  • Eatingwell.com
========================================================================

Before I go, I have a question:

Why is it that humans can know what's good for them, 
feel better when they do what's good for them,
and yet CHOOSE not to? 

I'll be awaiting your responses while I'm cooking chicken. 

1 comment:

  1. Because humans feel even better doing things that aren't good for them.
    Here's my question: Why are humans so frail and good-tasting foods and drink so fattening? I'd have designed homo-sapiens much differently . . . but nobody asked me.
    My other question is why does visiting your blog make me so hungry?
    UPat

    ReplyDelete