Sunday, January 29, 2012

#15: Healthy Eating is a Thing of the Past ... Almost

Only 2 days to go!!!

I've actually been having some internal pain since Thursday night so I've been inactive, bored, feeling cooped up, etc. My reaction to that has NOT been, as I would have suspected, to eat myself out of house and home for lack of anything more entertaining to do. Part of that may be that it was my oldest's birthday on Friday which meant 8- 14 years olds going to see the Harlem Globetrotters (which they loved) and then to Underworld Awakening (which they also loved) but which required me to be up and at em and out and about. And therefore, in pain. 

I did try to stay laid up as much as possible yesterday but at some point I was so over being immobile and in one place that I thought I was going to pull my hair out. So how did I entertain my need to do something? Go get take out. We went to a local BBQ joint and I decided that because I was only 3 days from the end of this no-carb thing, and because I was so annoyed with being cooped up, that I was going to try some carbs and see if I could manage myself. I ordered catfish with hush puppies and cole slaw. It was good, but not amazing. Not worth the carbs, honestly. And I did NOT feel good afterwards. I will have to see how I manage re-introducing carbs to my body because if this was any indication, I won't be going very close to them very often. 

Altho, to be fair, it was corn meal on the catfish and corn meal in the hush puppies. Corn meal isn't exactly high on the good-for-me carb list. If nothing else, maybe this is an indication that I won't be going very close to crap-carbs since they make me feel like ... well, crap. (Hence the cleverly titled type of carbs.)

But I took to heart the way I felt yesterday after eating that and decided I'd make a better-for-me, low-carb breakfast of jalapeƱo beef sausage, eggs and cheddar cheese scramble. And I got the meat out for dinner - pork spare ribs with a Memphis rub on them. YES!!! Who cares what we're having with them, really. 

And after this, only two more days. 6 more meals. Not that I'm planning to take a biscuit-filled bath on Wednesday morning or anything, but you know ... just being told that I can't have something really makes me want the hell out of it!! I should probably tell myself I can't have a cute body, a successful career and a fat bank account and - POOF! - I'd be that banging body, high roller, Boss Lady. 

So thinking about Wednesday and the new challenge, I'm realizing that if I don't get this pain figured out, I'm gonna fail on DAY ONE. So, on tomorrow's agenda is the doctor. My friends will be so proud - I hateHATEhate going to the doctor. They either tell me that they have no idea what the problem is, or they  tell me I have some thing that's uncommon and I just have to live with it. 

Tomorrow is also a lot of evening errands and activities with Miss Maya, The Princess, and Sir Antonio, The Dog which means I have to plan ahead on food or I will end up eating some drive-thru concoction that makes me feel horribly afterward. See? I'm learning. 

Oh, and Tuesday is The Toddler/The Queen of it All's 3rd birthday. And The Nephew's basketball game. So, again, planning ahead will be really important. And then, YES!, it will be Wednesday. And not that planning ahead and thinking about what's going in my body won't be important, but it won't be something I will feel total guilt over because of the Challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment