Saturday, July 6, 2013

How Do You Say "Cleanse" in ASL?

I'm definitely enjoying learning another language. And one that can be used for lots of purposes - good and evil. For example, being able to speak to the parents of my daughter's friends; especially one of the friends who my daughter desperately wants to come over. It will be nice to be able to make play-date arrangements with her. Also, on the other side of the coin, it will be nice to be able to talk about people who are right in front of me without them knowing (Ladies: Think Nail Salon). 

That's okay, right? 

Interestingly, tho, the challenge that's exciting me more is this Juice Cleanse. I can feel the difference in my body already. I can tell I'm detoxing, my body is clearer, my skin is clearer; I feel clearer in my mind even. And for some reason, I'm not hungry like I thought I would be. It's actually been really energizing and I don't feel deprived at all. 

But the bacon that my kids are cooking and eating right now is KILLING me slowly. But ... even not having the bacon isn't making me feel deprived. And the thought of loading my body right now with all the chemicals and nitrates that bacon is filled with is not appealing. Maybe I can find myself a healthier version? Does Whole Foods sell nitrate-free bacon? 

So, if anyone else is considering a Juice Cleanse, let me tell you what I'm using. I'm combining the 3-day Dr. Oz Juice Cleanse with the 1/3/5/10 day Juice Cleanse from The Juice Bar Austin. You can download both online by Googling Dr. Oz's and pulling the pdf of The Juice Bar's from their Facebook page. I'm having 5 juices a day by choosing any 5 from the two menus and drinking them 2-3 hours apart, based on when I'm hungry. Between each juice I'm drinking a liter or so of water. I'm allowing myself one meal mid afternoon solely made of fruits and/or vegetables. For example, I'll eat a salad of only whole vegetables or a bowl of raw veggies and fruits (avocado, tomato, cucumber, beets, mango). 

What I have found makes my day and body feel balanced is a combo like:
1 Morning/Reds Juice like Apple-Carrot-Ginger
1 Detox Juice like Purified H2O-Cayenne-Lime-Honey
1 Protein Juice like Almond Milk-Vanilla Whey
1 Hydrate Juice like Coconut H2O-Grapefruit-Orange-Honey
1 CarbLoaded Juice like SweetPotato-Carrot-BellPepper-Beet-Apple-Orange

This is just a sample menu, of course, but for me the idea is some protein, some carb, some hydration, some detox each day. There are come really good juices that mix Pear and Celery and Kale/Spinach/Chard. That probably sounds incredibly counter-intuitive - it must because feels counter-intuitive to write it - but it really is good. 

And bonus to feeling good physically and mentally, I've lost 4 pounds. Not gonna complain about that. 

Oh, and for all the MeatLovers, like me, in my research, which I HiGhLyHiGhLy recommend if you want to do a cleanse longer than 1 day, I read things like "The intestines store as much as 5 pounds of undigested red meat" and "a liver cleanse can eliminate over a year's worth of toxins from the body." WhaTheWhat?!?! 

Coming at an interesting time, last night I taught a class on Good & Focus as 2 of the 8 keys to success to a Gateway group at work. I decided to guide them through Goo & Focus by teaching some skills on Goal Setting. I realized that I needed to rehear some of it myself and what coincidentally good timing to remind myself that MOTIVATION is a huge key to successful goal achievement. Feeling good about what I'm doing is great Motivation when I'm having a rae moment of wanting to bury my face in a Bucket of Bacon. Since WRITING and making VISIBLE your goals are 2 of the other 5 Keys of Successful Goal Setting (and Achieving), I did - as promised to last night's class - go home and post my goal where I could see it. And although that LONG TERM GOAL is much bigger than I can achieve on my own or in a short few days or weeks, the SHORT TERM step GOALS are all very related to this month - the cleanse, learning ASL, getting mentally and physically clear and clean.

How wonderfully karmic of the world to bring those things together unexpectedly for me. 

4 comments:

  1. Nitrite free bacon would more than likely just be pork. Curing it (with preservatives and tons of delicious salt) is what takes pork and turns it into ham and bacon etc. That's not to say there aren't options though. Turkey bacon has been suggested to me a lot. But only in moderation.
    I'm glad you are seeing the benefits of the cleanse. I love cleansing! How long are you going to do it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll be hunting down nitrate free bacon because Turkey bacon is definitely not the same. :-)

    I'm attempting a 10-day cleanse but I'm having to insert a very small amount of lean protein every 3-4 days so that I can function in the gym. But I am for sure loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.

    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I'll learn a lot of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

    Also visit my web page - Natural Green Cleanse Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I will definitely check yours out too.

    ReplyDelete