Sunday, July 7, 2013

Say What?? I'm Not Hungry!!

It's Day Four of my cleanse and I had to make myself drink a 4th juice,  and as of when I'm writing this,  I'm not even a little hungry for the 5th one.  I ate an avocado as my one solid "meal." I'm not even sure of what to say about that.  Seems like,  even if my stomach is shrinking,  I should be hungrier than 4 juice and an avocado.  Right?

What else?  Last night I went out to belatedly celebrate my birthday with one of my besties and I decided that I would have a meal.  And a drink.  But I did do it in moderation:

We went to eat at one of my favorite gluttonous restaurants,  Texas Roadhouse. Instead of a steak and loaded makes potatoes and 3 rolls with cinnamon butter and soda,  I ordered a grilled pork chop with steamed veggies (no butter) and a sweet potato with cinnamon (No marshmallows or sugar). And despite wanting a big fat drink,  I had a skinny margarita. I made myself finish the pork chop to get as much protein in my body as possible.  But i couldn't finish the veggies or sweet potato. That was a new one for me. 

And this was an hour after my first without is a week. 

Again,  no words.  But I feel good. I feel healthy and clear. I feel satisfied.  I feel happy and motivated.  So, for the time being, I'm good to keep trucking to the Day Ten finish line. 

Oh, and another fortunate and lovely side effect has been the almost complete lack of caffeine withdrawal I've experienced.  The afternoon of Day One was painful and i eventually succumbed to the pain and had half of a Tall Drip late in the afternoon. I finished that coffee mid-morning on Day Two and haven't been in the slightest pain since.  If I'm withdrawing without the horrible pain,  sweats,  shakes and nausea, I'm sold. And everyone else should be too.

Now,  oddly enough,  the first hard test will come tomorrow,  Day Five.  I have to go to work and that means getting up tomorrow,  and each day next week,  and making 4 of my 5 juices all at once,  and taking 3 of them with me to drink throughout the day.  It will be a Challenge both to make all of my juices at one,  and to do no snacking,  no quick runs across the street to the convenience store. But I'm up for it.  In fact,  maybe making the juice to start the morning will push me to get thru the day easily.

Also tomorrow is my second gym trip since starting the juice cleanse.  Yesterday's was trying on my muscles,  lacking as much protein as I'm used to,  and having not been to the gym in a week.  So I'm eager to see if tomorrow's workout is any easier on my body,  or not. 

I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking this out for even just these first four days,  because it isn't easy.  It hasn't been easy to grocery shop for the four kids when I'm not eating any of it.  It's been a little difficult to cook meals too,  since I'm not eating them.  But not feeling miserable or desperate to quit is nice. WANTING to keep going is a proud feeling. 

Now I want to go to sleep. And I'm mm going to concede to that too. My bed is calling me.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment