Monday, July 8, 2013

I'm Down Which Lifts Me Up

Have you ever FELT thinner? It has to be a thing since I hear people say all the time that they feel fat. You know, the bloated, swollen, heavy, can't-button-your-baggy-pants feeling? So feeling thin should be real, too, right? For me, it is a real thing. 

I didn't exactly wake up feeling THIN, but I woke up feeling THINNER. I checked that feeling against the harsh reality of my bathroom scale and found that, yes, in fact, on the morning of Day Five of my Juice Cleanse, I am down 5.5 pounds. But I feel triple that physically. Wearing jeans today that usually leave marks on my belly from being tight; today they are slightly loose. Loving that - it's just such great motivation for me to keep going. 

But it also begs the question "What took you so long?" As many overweight people will say. And say. And say. I have tried all sorts of things. And some of them felt good, made sense, felt right. But this one CLICKS for me. I truly think that has more to do with the way I feel physically and emotionally than the weight loss, but as I've said in another couple of posts this month, the weight loss is not a bad side effect.

BAM!

Or, as one would say in Sign Language: 
"EXCITED!" 

However, as my children have explained to me, I look like I'm fluffing or rubbing my boobs. I guess that is a good reason to be "Excited." Maybe that's where the sign originated? Nope - just checked - the sign originates from "The feelings are being stirred."

Speaking of Sign Language (ASL), the kids have learned a couple of cool phrases during our ASL "lessons." Some our incredibly useful, some not so much. Here is video of some of them; see if you can figure out which is which.

 "My dad makes deep friend peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

 "My mom is the BEST."


"Where is the bathroom?"

"Chocolate is my favorite."


"Where is the archery contest?"

Yup, you guessed it. All of them except #2 are really unnecessary! :)



Okay ... off to make a super-yummy Kale-Spinach-Orange Juice. Mmm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment