Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's Always 'What's Next?' for This Chick

All month I have been thinking about next month. All month I have been grappling with what kind of Challenge I need next. I've had all these ideas floating around my head all month trying to decide "what I need" to challenge myself with. I want to do something to kick my ass back into gear, which leans me towards doing a food or exercise focused activity. But I have had a tumultuous last 5 months and could really use some mental ass-kicking from a challenge. 

Every time I think I've found a great work out or food challenge idea, I think "but I also want to do something with my mind." And every time I think of a good mental stretch challenge, I think "but I think I should really do a food/exercise one." Then I started thinking back to last year and towards the end of the year, I was feeling like this often too. 

So ... 

Since it's year TWO of this 30 Day Challenge thing, I've decided from February forward, my 2013 Challenges will be TWO-fold. Each month I will have a Challenge about my diet and/or exercise routines, AND I will have another Challenge that works my mind/spirit/funny bone, etc. 

Of course, this is coming from someone who is into pushing herself given these Challenges even existing, but ... I am really excited about this. In the most geeked-out-nerdy way conceivable. As soon as it crossed my mind to have 2 Challenges each month in year #2, it just clicked. I may be really mad at myself next year when, if I do this again, I will feel pressure to do three each month and so on ...

So today I took to my friendly Facebook Friends and asked for ideas about Challenges. I was already feeling like I needed some fresh thoughts on them, but now I was in need of twice as many for the year. People had some really awesome ideas. And some crack ideas, but what're ya gonna do about that?? 

Challenge ideas that I'm now throwing around, researching, considering ...
                     BODY-FOCUSED                                          EVERYTHING ELSE
                     Run 40 Miles total in the month                    Daily Meditation
                     No eating out                                                     Different dinner every night
                     No processed foods                                           Only required spending
                     Only homemade sweets/baked goods           No TV
                     Juicing                                                                Work on my novel every day
                     P90X Lite                                                           Create a garden with my kids
                     New Cardio Daily                                             Do an outdoor activity every day

As always, I'm listening to other suggestions, so keep sending them my way. In the meantime, I gotta figure out what my plan is for February sow that I've realized it's only 6 days away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment