Thursday, February 23, 2012

#23: A Little Delay

So, I spoke a little too soon. I was directed not to work out until I've been mended two weeks. That's some serious BS. I understand I can't push myself before my body is ready or I'll back slide. But I'm feeling like I'm at a good 95%, I went to work for a full-day, I haven't taken any medication at all today, and I'm SO ANTSY!!!




I ma being as good as possible, tho. I definitely wanted to hit the gym this morning, but I didn't. I'm planning to go for a 50% exertion workout in the morning and then do some outdoor cardio this weekend while one of my bestests is is town to play. She needs to see lots of Austin anyway, might as well walk as much of it as is reasonable. 


Then I hope to be back in the gym in full force next week. 


So in the meantime, I'm trying to find other ways to burn energy and so far my favorite method has been being overly energetic in the office. I'm walking fast, walking often, even talking fast. Whatever I can do to burn a calorie and get some sweat going. I bet you didn't realize that if you talked a-mile-a-minute, you can get some serious heart rate increase. What is it you thought the beads on your upper lip were from?




Bonus: Two people told me I'm looking thinner. Pretty sure I've gained weight, but I'll take it. 


Double Bonus: I have no idea what March is bringing, but I guarantee it will beat my January emotional low and my February physical low. Silver linings, people. Silver linings. 


Oh! I've also decided with total certainty what my March Challenge is. I think. Probably. But I'm not telling until March is closer. Hint: I get to go shopping for supplies this weekend. 


[Yep, I'm aware that wasn't really much of a hint, but that was the point.]



No comments:

Post a Comment