Tuesday, February 21, 2012

#22: I'm Sorry, I Fell Ill. Really, Really Ill.

Well, this will be a short entry, mostly to update on why I haven't blogged. 


I haven't blogged because I haven't worked out. 


I haven't worked out because I fell ill Thursday. When I say "ill," let me just say that I have never been this sick. Ever. I spent Friday in the hospital. Until today (Tuesday) I have done nothing but sleep, mostly. I have been hopped up on 4 medications and barely capable of coherent conversations. 


But I'm on the mend. I even ventured out to work today for 3 whole hours (!) and I have yet to take a nap. Tomorrow's goal: apply makeup. <--- That's living! 


Every day (since Sunday) I've gotten better and better. I am hoping to spend a whole day in the office on Thursday. I probably sound ridiculous to people: "I hope to spend time at the office." But seriously, I did nothing but sleep for over 96 hours straight. 


And it's really imperative that I improve because I have 2 appointments Friday that I can't really cancel and then one of my absolute favorite people comes into town Friday evening for 4 days of fun, girlie laughter and loafing. LoveLoveLove that!


So, I'm putting the gym on my goal sheet for Thursday and I'm going to count these past 6 days as out of my control. And, as I said in my last post (one whole week ago) I feel that I have successfully mastered this Challenge at its basic level and, as of Thursday, I will still have 7 days to go this month. 


Oh man, and that also means it's time to start deciding on the March Challenge. I'm fairly certain that I'm going to continue the February Challenge into March just to ensure I really have it as a built in habit. But I still have to have my official March Challenge activity.  


So ... that's it, because there really has been nothing else to tell you. Sadly. But when I'm back on the wagon, you should expect verbose entries with a multiatude of unnecessary tidbits for your reading pleasure. 


You're welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Get better. Know your body, know when it's ok to start again. I admire your perseverance, but don't allow yourself to regress in the name of progress. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete