Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#17: Austin, We Have a Problem. February is Already At-Risk!

I've been dealing with a minor medical issue since Thursday that, altho not a big deal, is causing BIG pain. 


Unfortunately, the pain means I can't do any significant physical activity. I tried to take pain meds to numb it so that I could work out this morning, but instead I was just out OF IT. For a nice 5 hours. 


At the moment, my plan is for today to be my Day of Rest, according to the Challenge rules for this month. But if tomorrow is the same, I will have to go to Plan B for February. (Because I'm smart, I admit that I already completed my Plan B Challenge activity for today, just in case I end up having to go with it.) The bigger issue is that I really wanted this Challenge this month, but I may have to table it until March which will be really disappointing. However, I'm really excited about the March Challenge, so it wouldn't be all bad if I started on it early. And there are some things we can't control which i HATE to admit. 






Hm. Maybe this is God trying to teach me a lesson. (If you're listening, I'm on to you!!!)


The good news about today is that I got to eat carbs! I purposely "forgot" to take my lunch to work today so that I'd be forced to squeeze a meal in at a nearby restaurant. Around 11:30 when I was almost to the brink of death from starvation I decided to head across the street to Maxx's. [www.maxswinedive.com/Austin] Austinites: Maxx's Wine Dive - so good! Pricey, but affordable for lunch. I went only once in January because I can't eat anything on their menu that I like if I'm not eating carbs and it just became NOT WORTH IT. But today I got to have whatever I want. What did that equal? A plate of chicken, baked macaroni and cheese and a salad. See? I'm not that bad - I just wanted that mac n cheese. And this evening at home when I was craving something sweet, I still went straight to the sugar-free Jello. Not the 20 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (because I'm an awesome Aunt) or the jars of icing or the bags of chocolate candy. 






GO ME!!!


I'm proud of myself that I've learned something and that I didn't run out today and gorge on biscuits with grits and layers of potato or something. What is it that every health, diet and weight-loss guru tells us? EVERYTHING IN MODERATION


So think happy, pain-free thoughts for me tonight so that I can try again for my cardio Challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment