Wednesday, February 8, 2012

#19: Blogging is the "write" medicine.

I am feeling super uncreative. I'm not finding this challenge challenging physically or mentally, but I'm finding it challenging to make time to go to the gym. And I decided on exercise just as Mother Nature decided to give Texas a "winter," so I really can't hang with outdoor exercise right now. But the lack of creativity probably comes from the fact that this challenge doesn't lend itself obviously to creativity the way eating did. And probably the way next month's challenge will. And not having to force some creativity out of my mind in order to meet my challenge goals seems to be seeping into the rest of me.

Let's face it, for anyone who knows me, I am not the most creative soul. I don't craft well, I don't draw well, I'm not significantly free-flowing creative in nature. I can write, I can play music, but I can't necessarily be creative with it. Or I can in my mind (like when I imagine such better designs for clothes than what I find in stores), but I lack the talent to make it come out on the page. So I am hoping to find some level of creativity in this challenge in order to get my general juices flowing again.

So, this challenge ... today I got up and headed to the gym. It's really nice to workout at 4:45 or 5:30am when the place isn't packed. It's certainly more so at 5:30 or when I leave on those days at 6:15, than it is at 4:45am, but it's nothing like 4:45 and 5:30pm. I don't understand how people workout at the end of their day, for starters, but I also don't understand how people can stand going to a packed gym where you wait for equipment, wait for machines. Waiting is not cardio exercise at all.

I am enjoying making myself break a sweat on a regular basis tho and I'm hoping this habit sticks.

So, so far, I've been in the gym for cardio and done some morning walking of the dog, plus one day of at home workout. I'm planning to add strength in this week - so pumped, so to speak - but I had to get my stamina back in place first. Looking forward to sets - and I'm thinking that I may do sets of upper one day and lower another instead of what I used to do which was top to bottom. I say that because I really enjoy the cardio and if I do full-body strength on any day except Saturday, I won't have the time for cardio.

==========================================================================

I am also finding that the lack of creativity in this challenge is causing a lack of blogging, something I recognized this morning and have vowed to change. Not because I think you are all out there begging for more, but because I know that the writing process is so good for my mind. Writing has always been good therapy for my heart and soul and whatever form it comes in WRITE now is alWRITE with me. Hahaha ... man, I'm glad I entertain myself.

I think because I don't have to push myself hard enough to workout in general, i think this isn't pushing me. But I do have to push myself to get out of bed early-ass in the morning. And push myself not to come up with 87 excuses or press the snooze button 22 times. And push myself to find the time even when I don't have it. I think as I'm going through the last 21 days of this challenge (Man, that flew by FAST!), I need to focus on the pushes that are coming from this versus get stuck in the pushes that were in the January Challenge. Every challenge isn't going to push the same buttons or fears or challenge me in the same ways. I have to really wipe the slate clean at the end of each month and let myself freely experience each new challenge for what it holds.

That's some great motivation right there! Now I'm geeked up about this.

(See? That's why I need to write!)

No comments:

Post a Comment