Monday, April 2, 2012

#32: If I Had an Appetite, I'd Probably Miss Meat

Lucky for me, I have had no appetite at all because I haven't really embraced this Challenge just yet. 


Yesterday, during Day One of the Challenge (Day 92 of the Challenge overall), I drove my little brother to Waco to meet up with another brother. Where did we meet? Rudy's Barbeque. It's not the BEST barbeque, but it isn't bad. And it's incredibly tempting when you're not supposed to be eating meat. So I indulged in baked beans, potato salad and peach cobbler. The potato salad wasn't great, the peach cobbler was pretty good and the baked beans were off the chain, but I'm pretty sure there was bacon stock in there. The success was that I drove 2 hours back to Austin with the kids eating sausage and brisket. Good sausage and brisket. And I ate NONE. Suckers. 






I smartly went to sleep soon after getting home. I say smartly because I was feeling incredibly unsatisfied and in need of some protein. 


This morning I started with granola and milk. A good way to start the day for me, actually. Tastes good, filling, satisfying. Interestingly, I skipped the coffee, again. [So far, not so dying to have it back in my diet so much.] I made it through the day and then around 3 this afternoon, I was starving. But nothing sounded good. Truthfully, meat didn't even sound good. I just didn't have an appetite. 


After an afternoon of errands and kids and homework and music practice and reading, I decided dinner would behoove us. The Princess opted for cereal - apparently my new meat-less diet is unappetizing for her also. The Teen and I went for quesadillas which I smothered in salsa.      Meh. 






I really love a good quesadilla, but this time it wasn't great. This time is was by default because everything else that sounded remotely good was meaty. Grrr ...


But I rewarded my meatless day, or two days, with cookies tonight. I'm going to have to get over that too. 


Here's hoping for a yummy salad tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of things you can do for protein though! Egg whites in the morning are a great way to get protein. This morning I had 3 scrambled egg whites with some left over roasted potatoes and spinach. Wish I would have had some salsa!

    But anyway, edamame, tofu, lots of beans, almonds- all great for protein! I also just got some protein powder for the morning time. Loves!

    ReplyDelete