Monday, August 6, 2012

#47: My Best Friend is No Friend AT ALL

As you may recall, I decided to give myself 3 goals in August??

Goal #1: Blog at least twice each week. 
This is my third entry in 6 days. That means I'm ahead of the curve. So far, so good!!


Goal #2: Do Something New Each Day
I'm gonna have to be honest and say that I'm only
Most of the problem here is that I forget about it until I'm already too far into the day or night to do much about it. And while I know I've done new things each day, not all of them are intentional or premeditated.
So, here are the new things I've done each day (and my brilliant commentary on each:

  • August 3: Met the new BoyOfBestie (aka Bestie's Boyfriend) for the first time. Also hosted the Bestie and BoyOfBestie at my house for the weekend. Never done that. (Says something about the new BoyOfBestie, doesn't it?) So while meeting BoyOfBestie was planned for weeks, it being my Something New was not. Nonetheless, it was NEW. So There. 
  • August 4: Went the whole day without a schedule. The plan for my Something New had been to take the kids to the Annual Ice Cream Festival in Austin. It supposed to be a fun-filled and yummy day. But because I spent the day going-with-the-flow and without a schedule, it ended up not making our calendar. No big deal, in the end. It would have been fun, but it will be there again next summer. And the summer after that, I'm sure.  
  • August 5: Gave my kids cash and their school supply lists and let them pick out, choose, and buy all of their own supplies. Then I let them come home and organize them. For anyone who knows me, they know this feat of non-control was AMAZING. I am not-so-much-good with the hands-off thing in these time of activities. But they did really well. Made good choices, considered their budget and their spending priorities. Actually, with the exception of The Toddler who unloaded her 12 glue sticks and 48 crayons each into their own ziploc bags from her supply pile, it was uneventful. This will be the new way I supply and back-to-school shop for the next 14 years, I believe. 
  • August 6: Took my son to his first ever high school activity. Such a surreal feeling to be dropping him off for something he's doing at school and having his school be HIGH SCHOOL. Ack. But after I got over the surreal part, it was really cool. I'm so proud of him and excited to see what this new experience will bring over the next 4 years. 

I'm kind of excited about tomorrow's PLANNED SomethingNew, but you'll have to wait to find out.


Goal #3: Keep Doing P90x
This is going well. Well ... this is going. It would be going WELL if it wasn't for my Bestie. Shouldn't she be my strongest - or second strongest behind The Mister - supporter? MmmHmmm.

Not. So. Much.

She comes to town and I start eating whatever the hell sounds good without a second thought about it's content or nutrition.

She comes to town and I stop working out as if I'm not on a routine. Even as if I don't like to work out. I do. 

And, yes, in fact, I would prefer that we all go ahead and put the blame on her. I mean, who exactly are you suggesting is at fault?

But, yes, I haven't worked out at my best. I did good workouts on Thursday and Friday and then didn't workout - at all - on Saturday and Sunday. I got back on the Horse-Wagon-Train-Whatever today and killed it in a new exercise I hadn't yet done. 

Oh, and my shoulders are feeling it now. 

More importantly, tho, is that I have to figure out how to do these workouts while I'm out of town for 6 days. I'm taking the discs because the hotel has a DVD player, but how much room is there in the room, really? And if I don't do the discs, then I can workout from the books in the  hotel gym if they have more than just cardio machines in there. 

The point is that I need to work out, so I will make it all work out. 

HahahaHahaha 

=======================================================================

So, all in all, things are good. I'm progressing in each of the 3 goals. I'm progressing well in a couple of them. Sometimes. 

I'm looking forward to the next check in and getting to say that I'm doing new things, I'm working my butt off (literally, I hope), and I'm writing all about it on here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment