Friday, July 6, 2012

#44: Weight Loss of Mobility

Which is more important? I lost 3.5 pounds in the first 3 days from working out and eating the right amount of the right things. I also could barely move. Or roll over in bed. Or sit.


I'm going to go with the getting healthy. It must out "weigh" the other shit, right? Besides, the pain can't last forever. I'm sure my body will get used to it. Right??


Yeah, Cat, probably on Day 92. 


So today is day 5 and I'm doing ... good. It's a mix of the parts where I'm doing really good and the parts where I'm doing not-so good. 


Upsides: 
1. I've done the workouts all 5 days.
2. I did the entire shoulders/arms + ab ripper x on the first try.
3. I'm enjoying how it feels to do the work. 
4. I like the food - some of it is even REALLY good.
5. I've found a good mix of ingredients to make the chocolate Shakeology bearable. 
6. My cravings are really minimal if they are there at all. 
7. I only have one more day of workout and then I get a rest day. Which I need. 
8. Monday I get to prove to myself that I will improve on each exercise each week.


Not-So Upsides:
1. I cannot eat all that food. It's crazy. 
2. I'm exhausted. The kid of exhausted where people keep asking me if I'm okay. 
3. I cannot sleep enough. But I don't have time to sleep enough.
4. I haven't finished 4 of the 5 workouts this week.
5. I sometimes I can't move my muscles or body parts. 


Yep - the Upsides are almost more then double the Not-So Upsides. NICE. 


I know for damn sure that this is pushing me as much mentally as it is physically right now. I have wanted to say "Eff It" the last two days but I have made myself do it. And I'm so tired that I don't know how to explain it. I had to go home from work yesterday early afternoon and take a 3-hour nap so that I could go to an evening work event. I've slept more hours a night for the past 5 days than I have in years and yet I'm still worn-the-hell out. It's ridiculous, really. 


But I am loving that my kids are doing it and that the kids and The Mister are eating the same food that I need to. It's nice to feel the support and love and solidarity. I appreciate it!


Hopefully I survive the next few days so that I can write again. 


==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==


Speaking of writing again, I've been writing my letters-a-day too. Not to be overshadowed by P90X. 


I don't want to share much of what's actually being written and for the most part, I'm not sure how much of WHO I'm writing is necessary information either. But I have appreciated getting to write to people, even if it isn't the deepest, most meaningful letter every time. 


I will say tho that I wrote one to each of my children at the suggestion of one of my uncles and that was an amazing, cathartic thing for me to do. Gotta love those munchkins. 





No comments:

Post a Comment